I love winning awards for being me, it's about the only time I win anything. When I received notifications from the lovely Lorca Damon and the awesome Gareth Young about passing the “Versatile Blogger Award” to me I got super excited.
It took me back to last Spring when I received my first blogger award. I was still new to blogging and I had no idea what it was and at first, I'm not ashamed to admit this, I thought it was somewhat of an actual award. I was a little deflated when I realized it was just a glorified chain letter but I had fun coming up with seven random facts about myself.
The only problem is I'm an open book. With me it's ask and you shall receive… within reason, of course. 😉
Now I have to list another seven random facts about myself and I'm at a loss. I'm trying to think up stories that I haven't shared with others but I fear I'm not as mysterious as I should be. I'm kinda boring that way. I should be more mysterious.
That's it, starting right after this post I'm going to be more mysterious. I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to do that, but I see a lot of long skirts and scarves in my future. I guess I equate being mysterious with being a gypsy. Oh! And tarot cards, gypsies and tarot cards. Huh, that actually sounds like a lot of fun.
Anyway, let's get back to the award.
Ok, seven random facts about me…
1. I have a crescent moon shaped scar on my right… *looks at feet*… left foot. I want to say that I was born with it and its a sign of the powers I'm about to come into, but sorry, nothing as fun as that. I was about 5 or 6 and I was following a line of ants who were carrying food from my picnic to underneath slate stepping stones my parents had in the backyard. I was curious where they went once they passed under the slate so I lifted it and dropped it on my foot. Voila! Cool looking scar.
2. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, the green kind. For some reason around these parts there is a white kind and a green kind. Freaking Pennsylvanians. I love trying different brands and comparing the chocolate chips. Some do little chips, some are more like chocolate shavings. I've heard Kemps is good, but we don't have that brand here, but our local Turkey Hill is pretty decent. (Ok, for some reason we have Kemps frozen yogurt but not their ice cream. Again, freaking Pennsylvanians.)
3. Summer before senior year of college I tore my ACL (ligament in knee) playing summer league soccer. We like to joke that the guys play summer league for beer and the women play for blood and first borns.
4. When I was in fifth grade I was choked by an eighth grader because he wouldn't give my friend her lunch money back. She dropped it, he picked it up and pocketed some of it. He tried telling me he didn't but I wouldn't hear of it, I knew what I saw and it pissed me off. I stood up to that kid and demanded her money back. He had other plans, mainly, choking me until I started to see spots floating in front of my eyes. Thanks to years of having to defend myself against my older brothers I got out of it and managed to get his hands behind his back until one of the lunch monitors stopped gossiping with the English teacher and came to help. I also once punched a kid for stealing my soccer ball. Word to the wise, don't steal my stuff. 🙂
5. I played the clarinet when I was younger. I didn't play it well, mind you. I sounded like a goat choking on a cat hocking up a chicken. Oddly enough no one stole my clarinet. I think that would have been welcomed.
6. I started playing soccer when I was four. I was captain of my college team when I was only a sophomore. You'd think I would be serious soccer player but the only reason I was good was because I'd distract the opposite team with jokes and songs. “Hey did you hear about the nun and the hooker? No? *steals ball and runs away* Hehehehee.” Well that and I played for blood. 😉
7. I love 80's music, movies… that's about it. I can do without the fashion, although that seems to cycling through the trends now. Give me Ferris Bueller, The Princess Bride, The Goonies, the brat pack and music that entices visions of big hair, ripped jeans and lace gloves any day. (Remember I don't need the fashion, the memories the music brings back is enough for me.)
So here's the next fun part, naming those 15 lucky bloggers that get to share some random facts about themselves. I spent countless hours going over who I think should have this honor. Ok, not really, I just looked at my Twitter stream and these guys were in it giving me easy access to their links. And I could possibly consider them friends and want to know what seven facts they come up with.
7. Shay Fabbro
10. Allie Sanders
11. Charlie Cole
12. Jesse J Freeman
13. Daniel Swensen
15. Brina Courtney
And here ya go lucky bloggers, the fine print that goes along with the award:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in the post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (Or do what I do and just tweet them.)
What I find funny about the rules is how five of them start with, “In this post…” What? Am I going to include the picture of the award in a completely different post when I write about what makes a guy attractive? Who wrote these rules?
Anyway. I hope you enjoyed my seven random facts. If you want to know fourteen more here are links to the previous two awards I received last May, Stylish Blogger Award and the Versatile Blogger Award. (Deja vu, anyone?) I talk pigs, thunderstorms, feet, cars, ghosts and stripping, amongst other things. I'm fun!
Thanks for stopping by and learning a bit more about this little redhead, I appreciate your support!